Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hrs
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
An exciting opportunity to join an evolving business that values health and well-being and be a part of a culture that promotes self-development as well as embracing change, creating innovative solutions, and collaborating to solve problems in a complex environment
The purpose of this role is to provide 3rd line IT Infrastructure support along with delivering IT projects and supporting business innovation and growth, whilst equally involved in BAU operations. Candidate should have at least 5 years of hands-on technical experience working within an infrastructure team with a proven track record of delivering complex Infrastructure projects on premise and in Azure and AWS. Being the primary escalation point in absence of the infrastructure manager.
• You will be responsible for developing existing infrastructure components.
• Liaise with architecture, engineering, operations and release teams across multiple offices
• Provisioning, maintenance, and monitoring of infrastructure assets on premise, Azure/AWS and O365.
• Implement security controls to help the organisation protect Intellectual Property and customers data.
• Use Configuration Management tools to control our compute resources
• Determine, recommend and implement hardware and software upgrades for business applications, server hardware, network equipment, desktop, laptop
• Work with global IT teams and partners to understand corporate polices, processes and initiatives and work with the local teams to implement and monitor.
• Delivering technical end solutions, both individually on smaller projects and leading larger projects
• Work as a Technical Specialist to implement bespoke solutions, ensuring that projects are delivered to specification and within agreed timelines
• Improve and maintain existing systems (hardware and software) within the server infrastructure
• Improve orchestration and automation by developing scripts and tools utilised within the team
• Maintains images and logon scripts. Install, configure, and troubleshoot key bespoke applications
• Take ownership of critical incidents and Business impacting changes
• Form part of the On-Call function (24/7/365) to support availability of business systems
• Spec, plan and build datacenter implementations including host servers, SAN, monitoring
• Drive and help deliver the reduction of on-premises hardware/software and migration to cloud solutions
· Excellent Knowledge of Server 2012, 2016, 2019
· Excellent Knowledge of VMware, ESX Servers
· Excellent Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Management
· Excellent Knowledge Core Windows server technologies (IIS, DHCP, DNS, PKI)
· Excellent Knowledge of Exchange, Office 365, messaging systems
· Excellent Knowledge Microsoft Intune
· Excellent Knowledge of SAN storage & backup technologies (Veeam, Zerto)
· Experience working with Cloud environments, Azure & AWS administration skills
· Excellent knowledge of Windows deployment service and WSUS for patch management
· Ability to analyse system logs
· Strong Scripting Languages and Automation skills (PowerShell)
· Knowledge of desktop operating systems, installation, and configuration
· Working Knowledge of Linux (desirable)
· Knowledge of an ITIL service management tool (e.g. Service Now, ITSM)
· Understanding of IT Change, Incident, Problem and Release management (ITIL)
· The very nature of the role can sometimes require an earlier start or a later finish
· Identity Management: Active Directory / AD FS (SSO) / Azure AD Connect / Azure Active Directory / Multi-Factor Authentication
· Active Directory Domain Services (Migration/Deploy/GPO/DNS/DHCP/Security)
· Messaging / Virtualisation / Mobile Device Management
One or more of these would accreditations be desirable:
At least three years' experience in one or more of the following servers and cloud application technologies:
· Content control and cloud messaging security (Mimecast, Exchange Online Protection etc.)
· Disaster Recovery, Backup and Replication (i.e. Zerto, VEEAM, Azure site recovery etc.)
· Identity management and conditional access technologies (i.e. Azure MFA and PIM, AD FS,etc.)
· Microsoft 365 applications and services
· Windows Server and associated services including patching, maintaining, and administering roles and features
We offer a flexible, home-based working model. We have offices in Nuneaton and London, but you will not be required to be office-based.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…