Job Title: Digital Learning Designer
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hrs
You will be responsible for the design and development of engaging, on-brand digital and blended learning content across all areas of the H&B business, from product training, to our very own apprenticeship courses. You will be responsible for creating engaging content across a variety of formats, whether that is an interactive eLearning course, engaging training video, or working your magic to spruce up our training resources.
You will work closely with the rest of the Digital Learning team to produce all content, as well as working closely with the wider training and development team to ensure cohesive training is being delivered across the board. We are a very fast paced department, with new projects arising constantly with us being at the heart of the design and development – there are no 2 days the same in this job, that's for sure!
Our business USP is that all our staff are Qualified To Advise, and we play a vital part in making this happen. We also ensure all of our staff are fully training in compliance and sales, making sure everyone has the skills and knowledge to deliver great customer service, as well as give excellent and safe advice to our customers. On top of that we also provide a variety of wellness training for our colleagues – We are a world leader in health and wellbeing after all!
· Developing digital eLearning courses in SCORM and xAPI formats for delivery on our LMS (Totara)
· Production of training videos - utilising both live action and animation to produce effective content. You will need to follow through the full video process from concept to delivery, including all shooting, editing and animation
· Designing all additional training resources, both for our digital learning, and our classroom-based training as well. This may include activity sheets, PowerPoints, workbooks etc.
· Designing training comms about new and upcoming training to be sent out to the business
· Ensuring all learning solutions fulfil objectives in a clear, well written and creative manner
· Delivering all work in a timely manner to meet the ever-evolving needs of the business
· Closely working with the rest of the team, as well as relevant SMEs to produce accurate, high quality content
· You need to be able to think creatively and come up with new concepts and ideas to ensure all content is portrayed in the most effective way
· Flexible and willing to learn new software and develop skills within the role
· Effective Communication – verbal, written, and active listening skills
· Be able to see your work through the eyes of the learner to assess its effectiveness
· You will be a natural problem solver with a strong attention to detail, consistency and accuracy
· Comfortable working within brand guidelines (we have 4 different training areas, each with its own style) whilst having the adaptability to make that brand work for the content and push it to the limit
· Flexibility and adaptability. You need to be able to manage your own workflow, and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines in a busy, fast-paced environment. We are an extremely busy department!
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of team members and stakeholders from all business areas
· Comfortable with working remotely/with remote teams
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…